River View School Important Information
Dear River View Families,
I wanted to touch base with everyone regarding some updates for remote learning. As a reminder, remote learning activities can be found on the district website at: http://www.psd202.org/page/elearning. Teachers continue to work on plans to help our students engage in academic opportunities remotely, whether they have access to technology at home or not. Beginning the week of April 6th, each grade level at River View will provide activities for students to continue their remote learning. A weekly learning plan for each grade level will be shared with families through Connect Ed on Friday, April 3rd, which parents can access at home. We suggest utilizing a spiral notebook or binder to complete the activities. If you are unable to access and view these weekly learning plans, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will arrange a time for you to pick up a hard copy. Please notify me if you will need a hard copy of the plan by Thursday, April 2nd. Our classroom teachers will continue to be available via email to provide assistance.
Thank you for helping your child feel safe during this time of uncertainty. I can’t say this enough: I’m so grateful for the way River View families and teachers are helping students adapt to this unexpected crisis.
Volunteers and Visitors
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020-In an abundance of caution, we are implementing the following measures until further notice:
• All volunteers/visitors/ outside speakers in our schools are cancelled
• Parents/guardians will only be permitted to enter the main doors and report directly to the office if needed for late drop off, checking a student out, or picking up a sick student. Time in the office should be brief and parents/guardians will not be permitted in other areas of the building.
• All Large gatherings are cancelled. These events include all large group meetings such as PTA/PTO, etc
• Direction for promotion and graduation ceremonies will be given at a later date
• All facility rentals are cancelled. This includes events such as Young Rembrandts, Chess Club, Park District programming, etc.
• YMCA Kid Zone is closed effective Tuesday, March 17th. When schools re-open the program will proceed as usual
• Election Day will continue as required
30- 4/3 NO SCHOOL – Spring Break
2019-20 CAPE RECEPTION
The CAPE Organization will be postponing the 44th CAPE Reception where our teachers, support staff, and volunteers are recognized for their dedication to our schools. Thank you for your support and understanding their decision.
River View School 2019-20 Music Performances
(Updated on 10/4/19)
3rd grade and 4th grade – Wednesday, April 29th
5th grade – Tuesday, May 19th